Medical Skin Needling, also referred to as Collagen Induction Therapy (CIT) is a minimally invasive treatment to rejuvenate the skin. Micro-Needling is aimed at stimulating the body’s own collagen production to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, stretch marks, skin laxity and scarring such as that caused by acne.
The micro needling procedure works by the creation of hundreds of “micro-injuries” or “micro-channels” to the skin using a precision-controlled handpiece containing the micro-needle roller tip cap and a cartridge of the particular serum of choice is moved across the skin increasing collagen and fibroblast activity. This results in clearer, younger looking skin that is less prone to aging.
Clinically proven active infusion serums are available.
- Hydrate – This serum uses Hyaluronic acid with a patented technology called Hylasponge to form a fully hydrated layer that helps guarantee that hydration is delivered into deeper layers of skin. It also delivers intense hydration to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
- Clarify – The clarify solution features two key active ingredients. Salicylic acid opens clogged pores and neutralizes bacteria within the pores. It reduces pore congestion and breakouts on skin. Lactic acid, part of the alpha hydroxy acid family, exfoliates the outer layer of skin and increases collagen production to minimize fine lines and wrinkles and reduce blackheads and whiteheads.
- Rejuvenate – This serum has five active ingredients that stimulate fibroblast and collagen production in the skin. They also help relax muscles to prevent wrinkling from repeated muscle movement.
- Lighten – This serum utilizes Kojic acid to lighten skin by suppressing melanocyte activity and pigmentation. It also has antibacterial and anti-fungal properties.
- Vitamin C – Vitamin C 2% Ethyl Ascorbic Acid is an antioxidant that slows the rate of free-radical damage. Free radicals are unstable molecules that damage collagen and cause skin dryness, fine lines and wrinkles.
- Growth Factors Rejuvenating Complex- Rejuvenation at its finest! This is a rich blend of growth factors, moisturizers, peptides and vitamins for younger looking skin.
DermaFrac Micro Needling improves the appearance of:
- Smooths Fine lines and wrinkles
- Creates Firmer skin
- Improves textures and pores
- UV damage
- Sun damage and pigmentation
- Enlarged pores
- Lightens Pigmentation
- Skin’s strength
- Oily congested skin
F.A.Q. (Frequently Asked Questions)
By combining precisely calibrated needle penetration and unprecedented infusion capability, DermaFrac creates micro channels to the dermal junction while simultaneously infusing topical serums to this all-important tissue layer. The DermaFrac system uses a unique combination of technologies to enable an improved micro-needling procedure along with immediate infusion of a powerful active serum.
While not painful, it is a more intense skin workout than most facials. The peptide solution is pleasantly cooling against the skin and there is no anesthesia required or recovery time. Slight redness or faint scratches may remain after the treatment, depending on your skin’s sensitivity, but these will fade within a couple of hours. It is advised that you do not wear makeup after the procedure for the evening or a few hours to ensure the best benefit from the treatment.
Before the treatment:
- Avoid retinols and sun exposure 48 hours prior.
- 1 or more treatments may be necessary to achieve desired result.
- Discontinue active ingredient products like Retin A and/or Retinol for 1 week.
- Do not schedule if you have used Accutane (isotretinoin) in the past 6 months, have an active skin infection, or have had radiation in the past year to the area to be treated
After the treatment
- May experience some redness.
- Do not apply any products (including sunscreen) for 3 hours post treatment.
- No direct sun exposure for 1-week post treatment.
Micro-needling can be safely repeated every 4-6 weeks until you achieve the desired results. For collagen induction we recommend to start with 4 treatments, but with a minimum separation time of 4 to 6 weeks between treatments. For scar reduction an average of 3 to 6 treatments are recommended. The number of treatments required will depend on how each individual respond to the treatments, and the extent of the damage at the beginning Micro-needling can be used on all skin parts of the body (neck, décolleté, arms, legs, etc). Most people will begin to see results after the very first appointment.