Acne can be an extremely difficult and sometimes demoralizing problem for anyone who suffers from it. Though it is typically associated with teenagers, acne has been increasing in frequency in adults as well. At Ideal Reflection Medical Spa, our goal is to treat acne effectively without the use of oral antibiotics or Accutane®, both of which can have significant negative side effects. Because the problem is wide ranging, using multiple methods of treatment (both in the spa and at home) tends to result in the greatest overall effect.
We implement the Most Innovative Techniques and Treatments that allow us to find the best way to get rid of acne in a Safe and Non Invasive Way.
WHAT IS ACNE?
It is rare to come across an individual that has never experienced any of the various types of acne at some point in their life. Acne, or Acne Vulgaris, is the result of when hair follicles become clogged by an oily liquid produced by glands beneath our skin, or “sebum”.
The release of the sebum is a normal process necessary to rid the body of dead skin cells. However, when there is an excessive production of this oil, it results in a clogged pore that produces a pimple. Acne can develop on the face, back, upper arms and chest. It affects people of all races, skin colors, ages, and sexes.
ACNE PRODUCTION PROCESS:
- Overproduction of Sebum
- Clog of Hair Follicle creating a Plug
- Bacteria Accumulates
- Swelling Results in a Pimple
The following are the most common types of acne: Whiteheads, blackheads, papules, pustules, nodules, and cysts (being the most severe type of acne).
COMMON CAUSES OF ACNE:
- Hormones: Adolescence, Birth Control Treatments, Menstrual Period and Pregnancy
- Genetic Tendencies / Heredity
- Greasy Makeup & Not Cleaning Your Skin
- Certain Medications
- Pimple Squeezing
- Excessive Use of Pimple Treatments / Acne Spot Treatment
- Excessive Scrubbing
The following are the most common types of pimple scars:
- Hypertrophic, or keloid: When acne repair prompts an over production of collagen, resulting in a permanent bump.
- Atrophic: The term for depressed scars or “acne holes” resulting from a loss of tissue. These include Rolling, Ice Pick, and Box Car Scars.
- Acne Marks: An acne mark is an alteration in skin pigmentation, usually either dark brown or reddish, which is a result of acne.
Ideal Reflection Medical Spa offers many different solutions that can help you overcome your acne problem and put you on the path to enjoying clear skin that will boost your self-image and help you get your confidence back.
- Chemical Peels
- Acne Facials
- Micro needling/LED Treatment
- IPL/Skin Resurfacing
Medical grade skin care products or home regimen